- Changes to This Policy
- User Information Collected
- Disclosure of Collected User Information
- Personal Information Provided By Users
- No Sale of Personal Information
- Financial Transactions
- Contact Information
Changes to This Policy
A cookie is a line of computer code downloaded onto a computer by a website. The cookie can be read by the website’s browser upon return to the website. Cookies are used for many things, from making websites more personal to expediting online transactions. Cookies can also be used to track Web browsing habits.
User Information Collected
The District’s website collects visitor information for the purpose of producing analytical reports. These reports do not track any personally identifiable user data. The reports help the District understand how individuals use the website and analyze how Web pages are accessed.
The information collected may include the following:
- A computer’s domain name, for example xyzcompany.com
- A computer’s IP address, or the number assigned to the computer on a network or the Internet
- The type of device, operating system or software used to view the District’s website
- The Internet address of a referring website, or the name of the website that led users to the District’s website
- The length of time and pages visited on a District website
Disclosure of Collected User Information
We do not sell, trade or share personally identifiable information to other parties. This does not include trusted third parties who assist the District in operating its websites, conducting its business, or servicing its visitors, as long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. The District may release information provided by visitors to comply with the law (including the Freedom of Information Act), enforce website policies, or protect the District’s or others’ rights, property or safety.
Nonpersonally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising or other uses.
Personal Information Provided By Users
The District does not collect personal information without permission, and visitors to the website may remain anonymous. If, during a visit to a District website, personal information is provided voluntarily, such information will be collected. Examples of personal information provided voluntarily may include the following:
- Name, address or phone number
- An e-mail address
- Other information volunteered, such as survey information or content of e-mail sent to the District
No Sale of Personal Information
Personal information volunteered, such as e-mail addresses and phone numbers, are not sold, rented or otherwise disclosed to any governmental or commercial entities or to any other third parties unless required by law, such as to comply with the law (including the Freedom of Information Act)
The District contracts with Blackbaud Merchant Services, a third-party service provider, for charitable donations and financial transactions.
Forest Preserve District of DuPage County
Attention: Web Staff
P.O. Box 5000
Wheaton, Illinois 60189-5000
United States of America